AMT is a bible handling course run in partnership with churches seeking to equip believers with skills for faithful Bible teaching.
The program sees apprentices assigned to pastors (mentors) and placement churches where they are trained and shadow their mentors as they live out and put into practice what they are taught.
Who is AMT for?
- Committed Christians who feel called to the teaching ministry or full-time pastoral or missionary work are identified by churches and sent for training.
- Committed Christians who are already handling the Bible in various contexts, i.e. preaching or teaching in main adult or children, congregations, leading small group bible studies, reading the Bible one on one, or actively sharing their faith on the mission field
For the first half of the six-month program, the apprentices spend two days in a week in a classroom at Living Word Uganda, where they are taught the basics of the Christian faith, digging into different books of the Bible with the view to equip them to be faithful teachers of God’s Word.
Download the info pack for more information.
The program aims to develop apprentices in three aspects:
- Conviction – Knowledge derived from a solid and faithful understanding of the Bible
- Character – Life lived out reflecting the faith we hold
- Competence – Doing well what we are taught and called to do, especially teaching and preaching God’s Word
We are receiving applications now! If you’d like to apply for the next intake (January to July), download the application below, fill it and send it back to us.
What our former apprentices have had to say.
Placement Church or Mentor:
We would like to partner with as many like-minded bible believing and teaching churches as possible. If you’d like an Apprentice placed at your church or would like to serve AMT as a Placement mentor, please contact us at email@example.com
Sponsor an Apprentice:
The need for AMT is eminent. We would not like to turn away many prospective apprentices because they cannot afford AMT, especially without the financial backing of their sending churches. Would you consider sponsoring an Apprentice? You can contribute towards this by contacting Us.